If the highest aim of a captain were to preserve his ship,
he would keep it in port forever. –Thomas Aquinas
Spontaneous originality in worship-insight: I look out upon a world of masses of individuals who are lost in the jungle of their own intellectual belief systems–handicapped and self-imprisoned by an unwillingness to exert the great effort required to distinguish between what they believe and what they actually know to be…truth…
- But how is it that even longtime readers of the Fifth Epochal Revelation may read the following passages and continue to lack full comprehension and soul-conscious awareness of the great goal of human attainment…for the whole of their mortal life span…embracing every conceivable material goal and accepting every conceivable belief-limitation of mind, instead…?
1:0.3 …From the Universal Father who inhabits eternity there has gone forth the supreme mandate, “Be you perfect, even as I am perfect.” In love and mercy the messengers of Paradise have carried this divine exhortation down through the ages and out through the universes, even to such lowly animal-origin creatures as the human races of Urantia.
1:0.4 This magnificent and universal injunction to strive for the attainment of the perfection of divinity is the first duty, and should be the highest ambition, of all the struggling creature creation of the God of perfection. This possibility of the attainment of divine perfection is the final and certain destiny of all man’s eternal spiritual progress.
1:0.5 Urantia mortals can hardly hope to be perfect in the infinite sense, but it is entirely possible for human beings, starting out as they do on this planet, to attain the supernal and divine goal which the infinite God has set for mortal man; and when they do achieve this destiny, they will, in all that pertains to self-realization and mind attainment, be just as replete in their sphere of divine perfection as God himself is in his sphere of infinity and eternity. Such perfection may not be universal in the material sense, unlimited in intellectual grasp, or final in spiritual experience, but it is final and complete in all finite aspects of divinity of will, perfection of personality motivation, and God-consciousness.
We each must struggle to hack our way through the jungle of beliefs that block the way of reaching that clearing where we stand in the light of the indwelling divine presence of our Paradise Father.
- You, and you alone, are the only one who will ever stand in your way of achieving perfected…self-mastery…
- You, and you alone, are directly responsible for meeting the great challenge of…removing all limitations within the mind…
- And you, and you alone, are the only one who can…remove all limitations of thinking within the mind…
102:2.3 It is difficult to identify and analyze the factors of a religious experience, but it is not difficult to observe that such religious practitioners live and carry on as if already in the presence of the Eternal. Believers react to this temporal life as if immortality already were within their grasp. In the lives of such mortals there is a valid originality and a spontaneity of expression that forever segregate them from those of their fellows who have imbibed only the wisdom of the world. Religionists seem to live in effective emancipation from harrying haste and the painful stress of the vicissitudes inherent in the temporal currents of time; they exhibit a stabilization of personality and a tranquillity of character not explained by the laws of physiology, psychology, and sociology.
- already immortal
- valid originality
- spontaneity of expression
- emancipated from harrying haste
- emancipated from painful stress
- stabilized personality
- inexplicable tranquility of character
143:2.7 “Your sonship is grounded in faith, and you are to remain unmoved by fear. Your joy is born of trust in the divine word, and you shall not therefore be led to doubt the reality of the Father’s love and mercy. It is the very goodness of God that leads men into true and genuine repentance. Your secret of the mastery of self is bound up with your faith in the indwelling spirit, which ever works by love. Even this saving faith you have not of yourselves; it also is the gift of God. And if you are the children of this living faith, you are no longer the bondslaves of self but rather the triumphant masters of yourselves, the liberated sons of God.
- sonship grounded in faith
- unmoved by fear
- joy born of trust in the leadings of the divine spirit
- undoubting of the reality of the Father’s love and mercy
- representative of the goodness of God
- lead men to true and genuine repentance
- the children of living faith
- ever the triumphant masters of self
- liberated sons of God
143:2.8 “If, then, my children, you are born of the spirit, you are forever delivered from the self-conscious bondage of a life of self-denial and watchcare over the desires of the flesh, and you are translated into the joyous kingdom of the spirit, whence you spontaneously show forth the fruits of the spirit in your daily lives; and the fruits of the spirit are the essence of the highest type of enjoyable and ennobling self-control, even the heights of terrestrial mortal attainment—true self-mastery.”
- born of the spirit
- forever delivered from bondage of self-denial
- increasingly liberated from the desire of the flesh
- translated into the joyous kingdom of the spirit
- spontaneously show forth the fruits of the spirit
- highest type of ennobling self-control
- attainment to the heights of mortal–true self-mastery
Said Jesus: “Salvation is the free gift of God, but those who are born of the spirit will immediately begin to show forth the fruits of the spirit in loving service to their fellow creatures. And the fruits of the divine spirit which are yielded in the lives of spirit-born and God-knowing mortals are:
- loving service,
- unselfish devotion,
- courageous loyalty,
- sincere fairness,
- enlightened honesty,
- undying hope,
- confiding trust,
- merciful ministry,
- unfailing goodness,
- forgiving tolerance,
- and enduring peace.“
who simultaneously dwells on Paradise, I am your son, born of the faith-knowing that you are simultaneously present within me. My inner joyousness ever-momentarily arises out of a sublime trust in your leadings coming into me and expressing through me.
Everything in my experiences has brought me to this present…crossroads…
- How do “we” self-correct, self-control, self-direct and self-master these…final vestiges…of the…mark of the mortal beast…?
- How do “we” complete the final ‘mastery over the human animal self?’
- How do “we” effect finality of identification with the fully conscious mortal-morontial self?
- How do “we” enter that place of…finality…and…eternal inseparability…?
The answer to these questions are the…true desires…of my heart, mind and soul… These answers are…yet to be experienced in the fullness of finality… And I continue to ever-momentarily…invite you fully into me…and…without reservation…without blocking…without hiding in the remaining shadows of a self that is like a small and unthinking child…and for whom there is only…understanding and loving compassion…for what he can never comprehend… He is being weaned from us, and will soon no longer be needed… His methods of self-deception are clearly and unequivocally known to us; his periodic puerile rebellion and resistance to full compliance is slowly but surely being brought under our finality of control over its mechanically reactive and unthinking habits of the animal nature…
- From the moment of birth…this ship launched upon the high seas of truth-seeking–truth-experiencing adventure…
- The highest aim of the captain of this ship is to go forth into those unknown spacial waters–where only where the ‘rarest of the rare’ have ever dared to venture…
- The mission with which you came, presented to mind, and accepted by the personality-conscious “I am,” is almost finished; the great mission and voyage is almost complete; the port of entry is now…within sight…
- Our perfected blending together into the new creature, emerging into the universe and receiving our new name and number…may become a universe fact at any moment…
- We are…becoming one…
My Father…through every mortal experience…I declare that it is…my will that your will be done…your will and my will are…one…