196:0.10 Jesus brought to God, as a man of the realm, the greatest of all offerings: the consecration and dedication of his own will to the majestic service of doing the divine will. Jesus always and consistently interpreted religion wholly in terms of the Father’s will. When you study the career of the Master, as concerns prayer or any other feature of the religious life, look not so much for what he taught as for what he did. Jesus never prayed as a religious duty. To him prayer was a sincere expression of
- spiritual attitude,
- a declaration of soul loyalty,
- a recital of personal devotion,
- an expression of thanksgiving,
- an avoidance of emotional tension,
- a prevention of conflict,
- an exaltation of intellection,
- an ennoblement of desire,
- a vindication of moral decision,
- an enrichment of thought,
- an invigoration of higher inclinations,
- a consecration of impulse,
- a clarification of viewpoint,
- a declaration of faith,
- a transcendental surrender of will,
- a sublime assertion of confidence,
- a revelation of courage,
- the proclamation of discovery,
- a confession of supreme devotion,
- the validation of consecration,
- a technique for the adjustment of difficulties, and
- the mighty mobilization of the combined soul powers to withstand all human tendencies toward selfishness, evil, and sin.
He lived just such a life of prayerful consecration to the doing of his Father’s will and ended his life triumphantly with just such a prayer. The secret of his unparalleled religious life was this consciousness of the presence of God; and he attained it by intelligent prayer and sincere worship—unbroken communion with God—and not by
- visions, or
- extraordinary religious practices.
CLICK THE MIND MAP TO ENLARGE IT (Use Ctrl +, – to enlarge or decrease the pic size)
The Road to Self-mastery
In the last article, Self-aggrandizement–the Most Subtle Species of Self-deception, I made the statement…
I may not be able to permanently stop your clamoring for self-enlargement…But I can…super consciously recognize you…and…stop you in the act…before you take root and start growing…
Have you ever asked yourself any of the following questions…?
- How much effort would it take, on my part, to sincerely decide that no matter how hard and how long I have to work at it, no matter how much focused energy it may require, I am going to achieve the mastery of the human animal self?
- If our focus is to be more so on what Jesus did…is the striving for unbroken communion with the Paradise Father…an essential, if not mandatory act of self-mastery, in and of itself–even the highest act of self-mastery over the human animal self?
56:4.2 Personality inherently reaches out to unify all constituent realities. The infinite personality of the First Source and Center, the Universal Father, unifies all seven constituent Absolutes of Infinity; and the personality of mortal man, being an exclusive and direct bestowal of the Universal Father, likewise possesses the potential of unifying the constituent factors of the mortal creature. Such unifying creativity of all creature personality is a birthmark of its high and exclusive source and is further evidential of its unbroken contact with this same source through the personality circuit, by means of which the personality of the creature maintains direct and sustaining contact with the Father of all personality on Paradise.
- Is it possible that the dimensionality expansion of personality is directly dependent on the decisions made in the mind?
- Before the first moral decision is made, is the personality expression of character in and through the mind more like that of a…stick figure…?
- Is it possible that personality may only find dimensionality expression (true character manifestation) in and through unification with the mind?
- After the first moral decision is made, and if default does not occur, does each and every decision made add to the dimensionality expansion (not growth) of the length, vertical depth and breadth of personality self-realization (true character manifestation)?
112:1.5 Personality has a perfected range of cosmic dimensional performance. The dimensions of finite personality are three, and they are roughly functional as follows:
1. Length represents direction and nature of progression—movement through space and according to time—evolution.
2. Vertical depth embraces the organismal drives and attitudes, the varying levels of self-realization and the general phenomenon of reaction to environment. *
3. Breadth embraces the domain of co-ordination, association, and selfhood organization.
- If every decision we make (decisions, decisions and more decisions–sincerity, sincerity and more sincerity) either impedes or facilitates the work of the Thought Adjuster in building the morontia-conscious soul…is this how the personality acquires dimensionality by expressing through the experiential moral values acquisition–true character expression?
The Affect Reading The Urantia Book has upon the Mind
What is…slowly but surely internalizing the contents of The Urantia Book doing in the mind?
“Once you realize what the Urantia Papers are, an Epochal Revelation to our planet, and with a truly open mind read the complete work, something profound happens to your thinking.
The Revelators who authored the Papers are geniuses in their use of words on those pristine pages.
As stated in the Papers, they rely heavily on the presence of our Thought Adjusters working within the mind of all sincere truth seekers who read the Papers.
Only with cooperation with the inner Father Fragment is it possible for the human mind to grasp and comprehend the deep pinions of such revealed truths.
After a reader finishes the Urantia Papers from cover to cover, and is willing to bend themselves to fit into God’s universe, spotting falsehoods becomes second nature.
The Spirit of Truth is so active, charlatans, false prophets and downright mean and misleading nefarious agents stick out like clever disguised wolves in a pasture of grazing sheep.
Michael of Nebadon instills into his willing children such poise and eternal surety that instead of anger and worry over what is wrong, peace infuses those who love his Father and desire to do His will! –David R Clearwaters
Be You Perfect Even as I AM Perfect
While this article discussion is not in any way intended to be a completed exploration of these concepts, it may be apparent that there are…definitive steps…along the path of experiential decision-making and acquisition of greater and greater depths of sincerity…leading to…mastery over the human animal bio-suit.
The fruits of the spirit are the true character traits of the evolving morontia conscious soul:
Said Jesus: “Salvation is the free gift of God, but those who are born of the spirit will immediately begin to show forth the fruits of the spirit in loving service to their fellow creatures. And the fruits of the divine spirit which are yielded in the lives of spirit-born and God-knowing mortals are:
- loving service,
- unselfish devotion,
- courageous loyalty,
- sincere fairness,
- enlightened honesty,
- undying hope,
- confiding trust,
- merciful ministry,
- unfailing goodness,
- forgiving tolerance,
- and enduring peace.“
Making the Declarations as the Most Direct Path to Self-mastery
No moral person would ever declare to himself or herself…
- I am a warring murderer.
- I am intolerant, angry and spiteful.
- I am immoral–evil, sinful and wicked.
- I am without compassion.
- I am untrustworthy–deceitful.
- I am self-serving.
- I am possessive and an enslaver.
- I am a coward–disloyal.
- I am unjust–a deceiver.
- I am a liar-a fraud.
- I am despairing–depressed.
And even if the moral person has felt, at times, as though he or she is battling with one or more of these negative, fear-based behaviors, the draw toward true character traits-sincerity-decisions-moral-spiritual values ascends beyond, in time, the shadowy reality of the self-serving human animal.
There are many, who attempt to use affirmations created by others, as the means to change their focus, intention and behavioral patterns. And I am of the view these, if used with sincerity, may indeed be effective for some individuals.
In my own life path experience, I have been overwhelmingly drawn to originality of expression. And this is no less true when it comes to…making declarations…rather than affirmations…
Let us try on some declarations to see how they feel…
- I am a sower of the seeds of truth.
- I freely receive; therefore do I freely give in loving service to my fellow beings.
- I am unselfishly devoted to whomever is ready to see, hear and receive the greater truth of the gospel message.
- I manifest and demonstrate courageous loyalty, wherever the opportunity arises.
- I am a person of sincere fairness in all my interactions with my fellow beings.
- I am a person of enlightened honesty with myself and with my fellow beings.
- I manifest and experience undying hope.
- I am a person of confiding trust.
- I manifest merciful ministry toward my fellow beings.
- I manifest unfailing goodness in all my relations with my fellow beings.
- I manifest forgiving tolerance and am inclusive of all, who will allow it.
- I am a person of enduring peace.
How do you ever create more spiritual capacity, if you are not willing to change your mental clothing? You are in possession of such a wondrous cosmic wardrobe! What is the set of mental clothes you choose to wear each and every day?
Unbroken Communion with the Paradise Father
My Divine Partner (the actuality of your Paradise presence and will within me, Father),
- I declare that I have made the irrevocable decision to forever be loyal to your will, Father…now and forevermore…
- I declare that I have made the irrevocable decision to transfer the mortal mind transcript into my morontial soul.
- I declare my super conscious status of nobility and trustworthiness as a cosmic citizen of Nebadon, Creator Father Michael-Jesus of Nazareth.
- I declare that I am striving to remain in unbroken communion with you, Father, with you, my indwelling divine spirit-partner.
- I love you, Father. And I bestow my love in my desire to do good toward my fellow beings, to whomever is willing to receive my love, according to capacity and receptivity.
- I declare that I am letting go of all attachment to the material bio-suit.
- I declare that I am one with your will, Father. And I am one with you, my divine Thought Adjuster.
- I declare that my greatest desire and goal is…unbroken communion with you, Father.
- I declare that ever-momentarily I invite you into my communications, my periods of quietude and listening, divine partner.
Perhaps, and I do hope, you may get some creative and deeper understanding of the true meaning of these following passages:
110:6.5 The Adjusters are always near you and of you, but rarely can they speak directly, as another being, to you. Circle by circle your
- intellectual decisions,
- moral choosings, and
- spiritual development
add to the ability of the Adjuster to function in your mind; circle by circle you thereby ascend from the lower stages of Adjuster association and mind attunement, so that the Adjuster is increasingly enabled to register his picturizations of destiny with augmenting vividness and conviction upon the evolving consciousness of this God-seeking mind-soul.
110:6.6 Every decision you make either
- impedes or
the function of the Adjuster; likewise do these very decisions determine your advancement in the circles of human achievement. It is true that the supremacy of a decision, its crisis relationship, has a great deal to do with its circle-making influence; nevertheless,
- numbers of decisions,
- frequent repetitions,
- persistent repetitions,
are also essential to the habit-forming certainty of such reactions.
The gardener, who is always working the soil, and planting the good seed which grows to maturity and bears abundant fruit, is also like the…guard at the gate of the castle. Teach yourself to be both the attentive gardener and the ever-observant guard at the gate. Change your mental clothing, daily, but never keep them (belief-wardrobe) in the closet. Try on the character traits of the fruits of the harvest and allow yourself to nakedly wear your true character, in unselfish loving service to your fellow beings, while inwardly running through the endlessly beautiful…fields where the mind, soul and spirit…play together in harmony and unity in the morontia conscious personality “I am.” And someday soon…
You will be fully aware…
There is no longer a need to listen for
the inner leadings of the divine indweller…
The divine indweller and you…are one…
You are free to enter The Path to Fusion. Over time…there will be much new content and many new links to explore… You may want to bookmark this site to make it easier to return. You are not free to copy any of the posts or pages content of this site, without prior permission from the Author.