How Many Layers are There
to Your Own…
Onion of Insincerity?
(Will You ever Succeed in…
Peeling them ALL away?)
In my own life path experience…the moment I began internalizing the contents and concepts of The Urantia Book and speaking their interpretation, in the light of my own evolving experience, was when I found myself being rejected by fellow readers of the book. If fear may be understood as the universal imprisonment of the human animal mind–the mechanical dead center of autonomic consciousness–affectation is fear’s…universal arresting officer, judge, jury, jailer and…executioner…
The Onion of Insincerity…
The…onion of insincerity…is a metaphor for all of the layers of fear-insincerity-affectation–pretentiousness–fraudulent character…so soon surrounding every individual, born into the material space suit. It is learned behavior.
You may not know, without my revealing it, that every article I write is first written for me. If you see yourself within my thought-explorations, in your own mind mirror self-reflection, that is your challenge, my friend.
My challenge is ever the exploration of the the path to Thought Adjuster fusion. That is what this site and all of its content is about…but few will ever comprehend…
It is said… “The only thing the individual has to fear is…fear itself…”
Of What are You Afraid…?
- If you say… I am afraid of nothing…
- Are you lying to yourself?
- Are you identifying at least one of your own layers of…your own insincerity…about which you fear to let go?
- What are we afraid of…?
- Are we, first and foremost, afraid of…dying…death…?
- Afraid of the future…? (*Is this not tied into death and dying…?)
The following mind map may help you to visualize all of the layers of your own…onion of insincerity…
CLICK TO ENLARGE (Use Ctrl +, – to enlarge or decrease image size)
Why is…the Onion of Insincerity…Fear…and Fear…Layers of Insincerity?
- By now…you may be asking yourself why is he calling it…the onion of insincerity…?
- And I would ask you… Do you recognize your own many layers of insincerity?
- And do you recognize the fear(s) behind every layer of your own insincerity?
Fear–insincerity–self-deceit–cleverness–intellectual fraud and affectation may manifest in the least of our endless forms of self-manifestation and the greatest–most horribly destructive…
Every individual who ever lives on Urantia has the opportunity and limited amount of time to discern the truth of this concept–within his or her own life path experience.
And even though I have come thus far, over the course of six plus decades of intense encounters with others and self…I am still identifying and uncovering the deepest levels of my own insincerity–my deepest fears–and struggling intensely to let go of the last remaining of these…
39:4.14 The keys of the kingdom of heaven are: sincerity, more sincerity, and more sincerity. All men have these keys. Men use them—advance in spirit status—by decisions, by more decisions, and by more decisions. The highest moral choice is the choice of the highest possible value, and always—in any sphere, in all of them—this is to choose to do the will of God. If man thus chooses, he is great, though he be the humblest citizen of Jerusem or even the least of mortals on Urantia.
I am never surprised, in the present, when my human animal self and ego asserts itself…and I temporarily, if only momentarily, descend back into the five senses. What does sometimes surprise me…is how easily I may momentarily succumb to this descending back into the mechanical level…and the ever clever self-justifications for doing so…
How Many Ways are there to Self-justify what You Believe about Yourself and Others?
I look around me at all of this clever mind-creation of men…and I am not the least impressed… The reason I can make such a statement is because, unlike every one else I have ever known, it become a conscious choice, from early one in childhood, to let go of all material possessions…especially any material possessions I ever saw as standing between increasing spirituality and “I am” super conscious personality–a morontia soul-conscious identity as an ascending son of our Paradise Father.
The whole of this extremely clever mind-construct–all of this mental scaffolding built up around and hiding the greatest spiritual truths–the greatest meanings and great goal of human life experience…is the great delusion…the almost wholly materialistic, secular and godless…Tower of Babel…of the so-called modern era. It is already crumbling, right before our eyes, as has every past so-called great civilization and empire… And everything the eye witnesses of these clever, secular and godless manifestations arising out of the human animal mind…are almost all fear-based…self-justifications…
- …How many human beings are there living on the face of the Earth?
That is how many self-justifications exist for what we believe and what we do…
The One Great Battle?
- Is there but…one battle…?
“The believer has only one battle, and that is against doubt – unbelief.” –Jesus, The Urantia Book, (159:3.8)
- What is the Attitude of our Creator Father?
159:3.9 In preaching the gospel of the kingdom, you are simply teaching friendship with God. And this fellowship will appeal alike to men and women in that both will find that which most truly satisfies their characteristic longings and ideals. Tell my children that I am not only tender of their feelings and patient with their frailties, but that I am also ruthless with sin and intolerant of iniquity. I am indeed meek and humble in the presence of my Father, but I am equally and relentlessly inexorable where there is deliberate evil-doing and sinful rebellion against the will of my Father in heaven.
The Father’s Rule and the Fear of Asking Questions…
1. Is courage—strength of character—desirable? Then must man be reared in an environment which necessitates grappling with hardships and reacting to disappointments.
2. Is altruism—service of one’s fellows—desirable? Then must life experience provide for encountering situations of social inequality.
3. Is hope—the grandeur of trust—desirable? Then human existence must constantly be confronted with insecurities and recurrent uncertainties.
4. Is faith—the supreme assertion of human thought—desirable? Then must the mind of man find itself in that troublesome predicament where it ever knows less than it can believe.
5. Is the love of truth and the willingness to go wherever it leads, desirable? Then must man grow up in a world where error is present and falsehood always possible.
6. Is idealism—the approaching concept of the divine—desirable? Then must man struggle in an environment of relative goodness and beauty, surroundings stimulative of the irrepressible reach for better things.
7. Is loyalty— devotion to highest duty—desirable? Then must man carry on amid the possibilities of betrayal and desertion. The valor of devotion to duty consists in the implied danger of default.
8. Is unselfishness—the spirit of self-forgetfulness—desirable? Then must mortal man live face to face with the incessant clamoring of an inescapable self for recognition and honor. Man could not dynamically choose the divine life if there were no self-life to forsake. Man could never lay saving hold on righteousness if there were no potential evil to exalt and differentiate the good by contrast.
9. Is pleasure—the satisfaction of happiness—desirable? Then must man live in a world where the alternative of pain and the likelihood of suffering are ever-present experiential possibilities.
Another way of viewing these questions is in a mind map:
CLICK TO ENLARGE (Use Ctrl +, – to enlarge or decrease image size)
How many layers are there to your own…onion of insincerity…?
How willing are you to…peel them away…?
Author’s Personal Footnote
I grew up with an alcoholic dad, who also smoked in the home, and was a heavy fat meat eater of all kinds of very strange animal parts.
He was a tyrant, when he was at his best. He never ever said to me…”I love you, son.” He ever said…”You know I love you boys,” which always stood in contradistinction to the worst possible and often immoral examples to set for your children.
He did teach me a strong work ethic of earning my own money and standing on my own two feet, financially.
He beat me–physically, emotionally and mentally, so very frequently telling me I would never amount to anything, and would be in prison by 19.
I believe that my early struggles through childhood, teens and twenties was because…such a lack of genuine–unselfish love–distorted values and abuse, causes the individual child to invert his or her view of the world and the relationship thereto. In other words…everything in the child’s experience is happening to him or her…everything is internalized and all of the blame for what is being experienced is externalized.
What a confusing way to enter the material space suit!
The desire to follow the path of truth, however, was so strong in me–nothing would and did not stop me from being driven to discover The Urantia Book and the indwelling divine Thought Adjuster.
The love of truth, beauty and goodness–the desire to do good to others–to know the personality of the Paradise Father–overcomes all challenges and all obstacles put in one’s path.
And the individual rises to his or her greatest levels of spiritual achievement, benefiting greatly by the struggles to rise above and grow beyond them into ever-increasingly greater soul-consciousness…
Affectation is the ridiculous attempt of the ignorant soul to appear wise, of the barren soul to appear rich. And fear, my friend, is always the mind-created and mind-embraced shadow which underpins all forms of affectation.
You are free to enter The Path to Fusion. Over time…there will be much new content and many new links to explore… You may want to bookmark this site to make it easier to return. You are not free to copy any of the posts or pages content of this site, without prior permission from the Author.